The special meeting of the Barry County Road Commission was called to order at 2:05 P.M. by Chairman Willcutt.
Members present: Willcutt, Pashby, and Managing Director Brad Lamberg. Dykstra excused.
The following resolution was offered by Member Willcutt and supported by Member Pashby.
Whereas, the County Road Commission for Barry County has five bridges that are in need of replacement or rehabilitation due to their poor physical condition. The bridges in order of replacement or rehabilitation priority are:
- Structure Number 553, Coats Grove Road over Mud Creek, Replacement (FY2007).
- Structure Number 559, North Avenue over Wabascon Creek, Replacement (FY2007).
- Structure Number 558, Charlton Park Road over Thornapple River, Replacement (FY2008).
- Structure Number 560, Charlton Park Road over Little Thornapple River, Rehabilitation (FY2008).
- Structure Number 566, Barger Road over Mud Creek, Replacement (FY2008).
Whereas, the County Road Commission for Barry County has reviewed the applications requesting funds for the construction cost of replacing said bridges. Furthermore, the County Road Commission of Barry County understands that they:
- Must pay five percent of the as-bid construction cost and the entire cost of all engineering services and right of way.
- Must agree to have sufficient funds to pay their share of the costs for construction in fiscal years 2007/8 and 2008/9.
Now, therefore, be it resolved that the County Road Commission for Barry County hereby approves the filing of the said application with the Michigan Department of Transportation requesting funds through their local bridge program for the replacement of the four bridges and rehabilitation of one bridge, further that we are actively seeking their participation in the replacement and rehabilitation of the bridges.
ROLL CALL: Yeas, Willcutt & Pashby
Meeting adjourned at 2:15 P.M.